Finding your way through Nadi’s airport is relatively easy as the airport is fairly compact. If you must spend time at the airport – instead of relaxing on a gorgeous beach or enjoying Fiji’s brilliant coral reefs – these handy tips will help you find the services and amenities to ease your wait.
Complimentary trolleys for luggage are available throughout the airport.
Baggage claim is found immediately outside the domestic gates on the ground floor. For international passengers, exit from your arrival gate and go down the escalator at the other end of the hall. Once on the ground floor, make your way to the opposite end of the building, past the check-in counters.
Nadi Airport offers a 24/7 secure luggage storage facility in the Domestic Terminal, next to the Domestic Cafe.
Lost something? Contact your airline for any items lost in transit. However items lost within the terminals should be reported to the Border Police by calling (679) 672 2355 or via email to [email protected]
Visitors to Nadi Airport will find plenty of bathrooms throughout the airport. Free showers are also available. See the locations listed below for more information.
There is an Airport Medical Centre next to the terminal, which provides emergency services as well as non-emergency examinations and treatment. Call 672 6055 for assistance; the centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There is no dedicated pharmacy at Nadi Airport.
ANZ Bank offers a foreign exchange service, and there is also a Western Union. An ANZ automatic teller machine is available as well.
See below for locations of both ATMs and foreign exchange booths.
As well as duty-free stores, visitors to Nadi Airport will find shops with fashion and accessories, health and beauty, newspapers and books, souvenirs, music and artwork. There are also several cafes, a pizzeria, and a bar.
For locations of stores, refer to the maps on the Nadi Airport website, link below.
Both Air New Zealand and Air Pacific (to be rebranded as Fiji Airways in mid-2013) have premium lounges in the international terminal, inside the secure area. Visitors to the lounges can enjoy complimentary refreshments, WiFi access, business and bathroom facilities.
Air Pacific allows any international passenger to purchase a guest pass for $75 FJD at the lounge check-in counter. You can also access the lounge as an Air Pacific Tabua member. Visitors to the Air New Zealand lounge must be an Air New Zealand Koru Club member.
Computer kiosks as well as wireless hotspots are available at Nadi Airport.
Kiosk access requires payment via credit card or an internet card. The latter can be purchased from several of the shops in the airport; the Domestic Cafe, Prouds Express or the duty-free Prouds store in international departures, the Oasis Cafe or the Transit Cafe. Rates are currently $5 FJD for 30 minutes, $9 FJD for 1 hour or $20 FJD for 1 day.
Locations of hotspots and kiosks are given below.
Hotels And Layovers
While the airport is open 24 hours a day and there are places you can rest, you may wish to obtain a hotel room for long layovers. Several hotels can be found a short drive or walk from the airport, including those that offer day-rooms for stays that are not overnight.
Smoking at the airport is allowed, but only in a designated area. This area is located outside the airport, to the right of the entrance.
Locations Within The Airport
- Baggage claim is found immediately outside the domestic gates on the ground floor. International arrivals must go to the lower level to retrieve their luggage.
- The Airport Medical Centre is next to the terminal. Call 672 6055 for assistance.
- The Tourist Information desk is located in the arrivals hall for international passengers on the first floor.
- Taxis/shuttles/buses are located outside the entrance doors on the ground floor.
- Arrangements for rental cars can be made at the kiosks in the terminal.
- Bathrooms are located near the entrance/check-in on the ground floor, near the duty-free area after entering Immigration on the ground floor; and near Gates 5 and 6 on the first floor.
- ANZ’s ATM is to the left of the entrance/check-in on ground floor.
- Western Union’s booth is to the right of the entrance/check-in on the ground floor. ANZ Bank is near Gates 5 and 6 on the first floor.
- Internet access and public phones are to the left and right of the entrance/check-in on the ground floor, and near Gates 1 – 4 on the first floor.
- The smoking area can be found outside the entrance on the ground floor to the right, as you enter the building.
Nadi Airport’s website has a map for you to use online and to print out, with all of the locations mentioned above marked clearly.