Air New Zealand announced its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft – painted in the airline’s stunning All Blacks livery – will be used for non-stop flights from Auckland to Perth. The announcement was made at the unveiling of the 787-9 in April 2014 as the aircraft was formally unveiled. The plane will be the first…read more >>>
- Spend an afternoon in Perth’s western suburb, Subiaco, known locally as simply Subi - less than 10 minutes train ride from Perth -- for shopping and cafes along streets lined with elegant buildings. A center for fashion and style, its quaint, tidy little streets are charming.
- Take a didgeridoo lesson at Didgeridoo Breath in Fremantle.
- Cross the Swan River by ferry to the South Perth Esplanade and enjoy a fresh seafood dinner at Coco’s or one of the other riverside restaurants while viewing the Perth’s spectacular skyline.
- On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, visit the Fremantle Markets, established in 1897, to people watch and sample local arts, crafts, jewelry and hearty food with a fascinating fusion of music, art and culture.
- Enjoy a full day tour to Rottnest Island, famous for its white sandy coral-fringed beaches, idyllic coves and abundant wildlife including the unique quokka. If you're feeling adventurous, hire a bike and cycle around the motorized vehicle-free island;
- Pass through the Darling Ranges and Jarrah Forest districts on a journey to Wave Rock, truly one of Australia’s most incredible natural geological formations;
- Tour Nambung National Park and go on an explorative walk through the mystical, huge limestone pillars of the Pinnacles Desert;
- Enjoy a fascinating flight along the 500 miles of West Australia’s changing coast, from the busy city beaches to the pristine remoteness of World Heritage Shark Bay. Meet the Dolphins for their daily morning feed, swim in the clear waters of the Indian Ocean and visit the Dolphin Information Centre before flying back to Perth;
- Relax on the ferry from Perth to Fremantle, or Freo, as it's known by locals, the best preserved example of a 19th century port streetscape in the world with its world-famous heritage buildings and a fascinating maritime and convict history. Spend a day visiting the Fremantle Prison, and the Maritime and Shipwreck Museums with a stop at the Fishing Boat Harbour for restaurants, cafes, nightclubs and a boutique brewery;
- Venture out to the Swan Valley, about an hour’s drive, to sample the fruits of over 80 wineries. Be sure to stop at the Maalinup Aboriginal Gallery, an Aboriginal owned and operated enterprise offering Aboriginal cultural activities, talks, performances and taste of bush tucker, as well as a gallery full of local Aboriginal art;
- Visit Kings Park, approximately 1,000 acres overlooking the city and the Swan River; bike hire is available and there are daily guided walks through the Botanic Garden, native bushland and even a tree top walk;
- Tour the historic Perth Mint, including the grand heritage building, the heavily secured vault and the original melting house with a museum of priceless gold bars and coins;
- Take a one-hour walk through Fremantle with an Aboriginal guide to hear about the importance of Fremantle to the Noongar people and the dreaming stories of the area. Discover the Fremantle Whaling Tunnel and the Aboriginal story of why whales beach themselves;
- Set off early in the morning to cruise Rockingham’s sheltered bays and islands to enjoy the company of the 180 local dolphins;
- Experience the untamed natural beauty of the Margaret River region's fine wine and delicious food on a day tour from Perth that includes stops at the scenic coastline to spot passing dolphins in the Indian Ocean and seals sunning themselves.
Perth Airport in Western Australia’s capital city has opened the first phase of its new international arrivals area featuring upgraded passenger facilities and other additions such as a duty-free shopping area. The new arrivals area is part of the airport’s ongoing redevelopment. Under the redevelopment, the Terminal 1 building housing the international arrivals was extended by almost…read more >>>
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, will launch daily non-stop flights between the UAE capital Abu Dhabi and the city of Perth in Western Australia from July 15, 2014. The flights will use an Airbus A330-200 aircraft with 262 seats – 22 seats in Pearl Business Class and 240 in Coral Economy…read more >>>
Air New Zealand announced its first commercial route for its new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners will be flights to Perth from Auckland. Although Air New Zealand has not announced plans to introduce this aircraft on its flights to New Zealand from the US, North American travelers will be able to experience this luxurious aircraft when their…read more >>>
Qantas is launching a new schedule for flights between Australia and New Zealand to better align the flights with its partner Emirates. The airline will also launch twice-weekly seasonal flights between Auckland, New Zealand and the Western Australian city of Perth from December 6. Under the new schedule, Qantas is changing its existing Christchurch to…read more >>>
Non-stop flights shave hours off travel time Protracted negotiations have finally yielded a direct service between Perth and Christchurch, to be jointly operated by Virgin Australia and Air New Zealand beginning in December. Both airlines and airports have expressed their satisfaction at having brokered the deal. As Alliance partners, Virgin and Air NZ will team…read more >>>
Two-thirds of coast to coast flights will use brand new jets Virgin Australia broke open the cellophane wrapping and got out its giant scissors to unleash four box-fresh Airbus A330’s on its Brisbane-Perth service recently. Two of the three daily flights during the week will feature the more spacious aircraft, offering lie-flat Business Class seats…read more >>>