Update: From December 8, 2015 through January 19, 2016, Qantas will operate daily flights from Dallas (DFW Airport) to Sydney on its Airbus A380 planes. Travelers planning to spend the holidays Downunder will benefit from the additional flight each week. Qantas recently announced major changes for its flights from Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) airport to Sydney,…read more >>>
- Jump aboard Sydney Buses' free shuttle to get from one end of the Central Business District (CBD) to the other.
- Take the ferry from Circular Quay to Watsons Bay for fresh fish and chips with the locals along the shore.
- Discover the many secret beaches in the Royal National Park during a tour with Royal Coast Walks. Along the unspoiled coastline you'll discover ancient Aboriginal carvings, native bushland and wildlife.
- Give a go at surfing at world renowned Bondi Beach or stroll along the cliff top walkway; visit on a Sunday to enjoy the Bondi Markets for local crafts and designer goods.
- Harry’s Café de Wheels is a Sydney icon, serving meet pies, pastries and hot dogs to celebrities, locals and tourists. You will find Harry's at Cowper Wharf in Woolloomooloo.
- Tour Sydney’s famous Opera House; early risers can join the Backstage Tour (must be pre-booked) for VIP backstage access to what goes on behind the spotlights.
- Climb to the top of the Harbour Bridge - you'll be rewarded with sweeping views of the city, an adrenalin rush and a lasting feeling of achievement.
- Enjoy an aerial sightseeing tour of Sydney from a seaplane or a helicopter; tours can be extended to include lunch at a choice of settings.
- Learn about and experience life in the early convict era with a walking tour of Sydney’s historic Rocks.
- Head to the Southern Highlands to meet Australia’s wildlife in its native bush environment – spot koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, emu, wombats and search for the elusive platypus.
- Enjoy lunch or dinner aboard a reproduction historic sailing vessel while it cruises in Sydney’s Harbour.
- Combine sightseeing with exercise on a choice of bicycle tours of the city.
Qantas is extending its self-service check-in facility, dubbed Faster, Smarter Check In, to include its passengers flying to New Zealand with checked luggage. Currently, the airline offers self-service check-in to passengers with only carry-on bags. Qantas has now introduced bag drop counters for passengers using self-service check-in kiosks for select flights to Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington at the Sydney International Airport.…read more >>>
Fiji Airways, the national carrier of Fiji, will launch twice weekly direct flights between Sydney and the Fijian capital Suva as well as an additional weekly flight between Nadi and Christchurch (New Zealand) in the coming summer. The new Sydney-Suva flights will be begin from May 2014 using a Boeing 737-700 aircraft. The flights will operate…read more >>>
The city of Sydney, Australia has been voted as the safest and friendliest city in the world by a recently compiled ranking of the world’s major cities. The bi-annual Anholt-GfK City Brands Index (CBISM) also ranked the Australian city in second place as the Best City Overall (after London) in the world among the 50…read more >>>
Virgin Australia offered a unique personalized Hat Valet service at its new, expanded domestic lounge at Sydney Airport for its customers heading to the Melbourne Cup horse racing event. Melbourne Cup is Australia’s premier thoroughbred horse race, which starts on the first Tuesday of November. It is the richest “two-mile” handicap in the world and one of the richest turf…read more >>>
QantasLink, the regional subsidiary of Qantas, has shifted its operations from Terminal 2 to Qantas’ exclusive domestic terminal at Sydney Airport, Terminal 3. The move will enable smoother and faster connections as well as reduced check-in times for customers connecting between Qantas and QantasLink flights at the airport. Qantaslink passengers will also now have easy…read more >>>
Australian airline Qantas has been named the official airline for the upcoming Australia and New Zealand segments of singer Taylor Swift’s The RED Tour. The Australia/NZ segment of the tour will start with Swift performing at the Vector Arena in Auckland, New Zealand on November 29 & 30. It will be followed by stadium shows…read more >>>
Qantas is launching a new schedule for flights between Australia and New Zealand to better align the flights with its partner Emirates. The airline will also launch twice-weekly seasonal flights between Auckland, New Zealand and the Western Australian city of Perth from December 6. Under the new schedule, Qantas is changing its existing Christchurch to…read more >>>
Sydney Airport in Australia recently launched the Android version of their smartphone app. The app offers travelers easy access to useful information, including live flight status, tips about Sydney Airport’s Terminal 1 (International) and Terminal 2 (Domestic). The app, however, does not have access to flight data from Terminal 3, the dedicated Qantas terminal. Sydney…read more >>>
Business Class comfort will be available on select flights QantasLink will up its level of services on routes between the Australian capital city, Canberra, and the state capitals of Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne from January next year by revamping the interior of five of its Boeing 717 aircraft. Announcing the improvements in a media release,…read more >>>